Position: Avionics Specialist
Position Type: Contract or Permanent (also depends on experience)
Salary: To be discussed (depends on experience).
Per Diem: $300 per week (if applicable).
Duration: 12 months +
Elisen is involved in the Design and Engineering Services of a work package for the Bombardier Aerospace Challenger program. Elisen is providing support for the systems integration and engineering of part of the Cockpit Avionics Systems Suite. As part of the Elisen team, the candidate will be responsible for the conception, specification, integration, analysis, development, test and certification of Avionics systems for this business aircraft.
Preparation of requirements documents for Avionics equipment, review of supplier proposals, coordination with and monitoring suppliers during development, test and certification phases of a program.
Interface with regulatory authorities, review LRUs qualification, prepare certification plans, support ground and flight test, review ground and flight test reports and prepare design compliance reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and at least 5 (five) years of experience in Avionics related design/development/certification is required (e.g.,ATA 22, 23, 31, 34, 45, 46).
- Familiar with the specification, design, integration and acceptance of Avionics systems on aircraft.
- Knowledge of civil aircraft airworthiness regulations, ability to work with minimum supervision
- Team player and well-motivated self-starter with strong sense of responsibility and good engineering judgment.
The following are specific qualities that are highly desirable:
- Very good knowledge of Avionics systems, specially ATAs 22, 31 and 34 (specially FMS).
- Familiar with Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA).
- Familiar with Rockwell Collins Avionics product line, specially Proline Fusion.
- Familiar with SAE ARP 4754 development / certification process.
- Experience in dealing with RM&S and Design Assurance (SW & CEH) groups towards systems certification.
- Good knowledge of ICAO Annex 10 and RTCA Avionics related DOs.